Magdalena Sartori, Chief Creative Officer of The Assemblage
Magdalena Sartori knows how to bring a vision to life. She speaks five languages, has lived all over the world as an architect and is now the Chief Creative Officer of The Assemblage, an innovative co-working space that houses some of the most impactful businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs in the consciousness movement.
From an extraordinarily global perspective, Magdalena has been the visionary eye behind the interior design and planning for The Assemblage, which is New York City’s first crowd funded commercial development, said to have cost $400 Million. Working with renowned interior design firm, Meyer Davis (who are responsible for the interiors of countless stunning properties including the 1Hotel), Magdalena integrated her commitment to biophilia and active feedback to perfect the space.
In this profound conversation, we discuss Magdalena’s unique background, her experience overseeing a creative vision that has come to life, finding alignment and surrendering to your purpose, the significance of the intentions behind your actions, Ayurveda and entrepreneurship.
- Chief Creative Officer of The Assemblage
- Former Managing Director
- Masters Degree from Columbia University
- Graduate of Ecole Polytechnique in Switzerland
Topics discussed in this conversation include:
- What led Magdalena to NYC after living internationally
- The inspiration behind the spectacular space that is The Assemblage
- Challenges from the creative standpoint and how detrimental blocking the natural flow of a vision can be
- How being the first crowd-funded commercial development has impacted the space and workflow
- Working with Meyer Davis and Plant the Future on this $400MM development and the creative process
- Understanding the relationship between intention and outcome
- How The Assemblage serves a higher purpose
- Magdalena’s rituals for wellness
- Ayurvedic diets
- Trends in the start-up industry and entrepreneurs
- Challenges with the ego
- The value of success
- Advice for entrepreneurs
“Magdalena Sartori is the Chief Creative Officer of The Assemblage, a community of coworking, co-living and social spaces in New York City, centered around transformation and interconnection. It caters to a community of individuals who believe the world is on the verge of a collective conscious evolution.
Previously Managing Director & Co-Founder of The Assemblage, Magdalena managed the inception of the company in 2016. In this role, she oversaw the initial structure and team, before moving into the role of CCO. Now she is responsible of maintaining the integrity of the vision and brand standards at both a physical and ethereal level, while ensuring it is fully aligned with its purpose—to create containers in which members experience the highest version of themselves.
Magdalena holds a Masters of Science in Real Estate Development from Columbia University and a Masters of Architecture from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology of Lausanne.
Previously, she focused on real estate investment, development and architecture, and worked in leading firms in Paris, London, Hong Kong and Dubai building large mixed-used projects in Asia and the Middle East.
Born in Uruguay and raised between Paris and Geneva, Magdalena’s third culture upbringing inspires her work with the evolution of humanity on our planet and the re-emergence of the sacred feminine. In her words: “I always had a deep need for creating spaces and this passion has been the common thread throughout my life, expressing itself in so many different ways.”