Shaun Osher, Founder & CEO of CORE Real Estate
Company culture is something that most business leaders need to work hard at. It’s a balance that takes careful curating of personalities, skillsets and values. And for Shaun Osher, the founder and CEO of CORE, a collaborative culture seems to have grown effortlessly from his pure intentions at the inception of creating this brokerage.
Shaun has also ingrained community involvement and a commitment to philanthropy into the business by being active in programs such as Meals on Wheels, Union Settlement, community clean-up, urban gardening, senior assistance, college readiness, wildlife conservations and Pledge 1%.
Years after joining CORE as a real estate agent, I can attest to the unsurpassable standards of integrity, brand and service in this business. All stem from the admirable Founder & CEO, Shaun Osher.
In this conversation we discuss what brought Shaun to the USA, his commitment to integrity in a cut-throat industry, the importance of philanthropy for business leaders, sustainability in real estate and more.
- Founder & CEO of CORE
- Appearances on Selling New York on HGTV
- Related Companies acquired stake in CORE in 2014
- Community and Philanthropic involvement include:
Topics discussed in this conversation include:
- What brought Shaun to the USA from South Africa
- How Shaun got into Real Estate
- What was the inspiration for starting his own brokerage
- How to foster high-integrity corporate culture
- Related Company’s partnership with CORE
- CORE’s higher purpose
- Community involvement
- The importance of philanthropy
- Business leaders’ responsibility to others
- Supporting sustainability in Real Estate
- Shaun’s techniques for managing stress
- How Shaun measures success
- The state of the world in the coming years and how Shaun plans to contribute to it
Shaun Osher founded CORE in 2005. As CEO, and under his leadership, he has led CORE to become the number one boutique real estate marketing and sales company in New York. Widely regarded as one of the most innovative and creative minds in marketing, branding, and selling real estate, he has been responsible for more than 30 projects and 6 billion dollars in sales. Having started his career as one of NYC’s most successful and respected agents, he is known as a broker's broker, with a keen understanding of the market and acumen for sales and negotiation. A native of Johannesburg, South Africa, Shaun graduated from The New School and began his career in 1994.